One Piece-Chasing the Dream

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Set sail on the seas and go chase your dream! Either it be a Pirate, Marine or Bounty Hunter! Travel around and meet lots of people and become the best of the best!

This is Day 4

Nefarious
    Nefarious

This is Day 4 Empty This is Day 4

Post by Nefarious Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:39 am

Nefarious wakes up, yawns, and then stretches. Morning, Pandora. He looks at her and see that she has grown even more. Wow, Pandora, you have grown a lot since I have caught you. Your like five feet now. Guess it's time you pull me to shore again. Pandora then pulls Nefarious to the shore of Kuraigana Island. That's my girl. He gets off the boat and looks for a bigger and stronger stick, to tie Pandora to. Moments later, he finds one. He then ties her to it. Now you stay here and watch the boat, Pandora. He then starts for the jungle. An hour after walking he hears some weird noises. What's that!? Who's there? He listens, but hears nothing. Hello? Show yourself!! Still no response. He then shrugs it off and continues walking. A half hour later, he hears the noise again. Show yourself!! Where are you? Then a giant monkey jumps out carrying a sword and dressed in armor. Wh...What the!? Where in the world did you come from? The monkey raises it's sword, as if to start a fight. Are you serious? You about to attack me!? The monkey the swings the sword, just missing Nefarious. I guess that's a yes. Well, if you insist, then lets get this over with. Then out of nowhere another giant monkey comes out. Well, then doesn't seem to be fair. Not only are you bigger then myself, but there's two of you now? The monkey takes another swing as if to say, you talk to much. Quite rude as well. Gomu Gomu no pistol!! A direct hit across the monkey's jaw. It shakes it off and swings again, but again it misses. Your out of practice aren't you? Gomu Gomu no pistol, Gomu Gomu no pistol!! Direct hit across it's jaw again and another across the other side of it's jaw. The monkey then falls. Well, that wasn't to hard. One down, one to go. The other monkey looks at the fallen monkey and then glares at Nefarious. It then takes a swing, but Nefarious quickly jumps back. Woe hoe there my friend. Not so fast!! The monkey looks back at the fallen monkey once more. I'm sorry, was he a friend of yours? The monkey then swings again, but Nefarious grabs hold of it. Gomu Gomu no kane!! A direct hit to the monkey's face. It then immediately hits the ground, out cold. Well then. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt y'all, but y'all started it. Nefarious then brushes himself off and continues walking. La la de da. De da de da. Oh, well would you look at that. Nefarious sees a Castle off in the near distance. It's a lovely Castle. I must claim it as my own. He then begins to walk towards the Castle. He then finds another giant monkey in his path. You will not stop me from getting to that Castle!! Gomu Gomu no pistol!! The monkey avoids it and swings back, but also misses. All right, try to avoid this!! Nefarious grabs the monkey. Gomu Gomu no kane!! Smacks right into the monkey's face. The monkey drops to one knee and starts to stand back up. Oh no you don't!! Gomu Gomu no pistol!! The monkey falls to the ground, out cold. Nefarious then brushes off again and heads for the Castle. Almost there. Once I claim the Castle as my own then this whole Island will be mine. Ten minutes later he arrives at the Castle. He climbs to the top a places a flag as a mark of ownership. This Castle is now mine along with this Island!! He then falls asleep, worn out from all the walking, fighting, and climbing.

Sc: 83
    Nefarious
    Nefarious

This is Day 4 Empty This is Day 5

Post by Nefarious Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:41 pm

Oh, it's morning!? I don't remember even sleeping. I should go and check on Pandora. Nefarious climbs down and reaches the first floor. Oh, this room looks like a study room or maybe a library. He goes into the room and looks around. Look at all these books!! It is most definitely a library. There's a book about those giant monkeys. He reads the book and finds that the monkeys are called, Humandrills. Nefarious then sees some papers on the table near the center of the room. Hmm...I wonder what these could be? He walks over to the desk and begins to read the papers. Oh, so Kuraigana Island is a dark and gloomy place somewhere in the Grand Line. It was once the home of the now fallen Shikkearu Kingdom. The forest island is relatively deserted except for some ruins. Amongst its landscape, the island possesses unique hills. This island was also the residence of Dracule Mihawk. Roronoa Zoro was sent here by Bartholomew Kuma during the events of Sabaody Archipelago, and spent two years on the island honing his skills. Nefarious pauses for a moment and then continues to read more out of a book. Seven years before, a terrible war was fought on this island. The Humandrills inhabiting the forest, gifted with the capability of learning from humans, watched the conflict, learned how to fight using weapons, and became fearsome fighters. At some point after the war's end, Mihawk arrived on this island and made the castle his home. Nefarious stops and thinks. This is truly interesting!! He then reads on. Perona was sent flying here by Kuma's Nikyu Nikyu powers when she told him where she wanted to go if she went on a trip. Upon arrival, she settled in one of the ruins. Roronoa Zoro was later sent to this island by the same Shichibukai. The two met up with Mihawk as he returned from the Battle of Marineford. Mihawk told Perona about Moriah's presumed death, and gave Zoro a little boat to return to his crew mates, later telling him about the island's history and warning him about the Humandrill' threat. This is where Zoro trained under Mihawk for two years. He reads on and finds out that the English name for the Island is, Gloom Island. He also learns that the Island is the first half of the Grand Line. Nefarious then looks around and finds more paper tucked into a book as if someone was trying to hide them. He unfolds the papers and begins to read them. The Void Century is a century-long gap in recorded and archaeological history, the study of which is forbidden by the World Government. He stops reading at those words. Forbidden? Should I really be reading this? Nefarious then decides to read on. This period became known as the Void Century because there is nothing left to acknowledge anything that happened in it, aside from the poneglyphs which are written in a language that few know how to read. However, it causes a problem with the known histories of the world as nothing ties up because of that missing period. Though many seem to know there is a gap in the historical record, virtually everyone is unaware that filling in this gap is possible. The fact that filling the gap is possible was proven when "Dark King" Silvers Rayleigh revealed that the Roger Pirates discovered the true history. He then sits down. This could take awhile. He then begins reading once more. The most important event during the Void Century seems to be the Great War. It ended around 722 AOS with the fall of Shandora. In Enel's cover story, there is an ancient city on the moon with another bunch of identical Automata. There is a painting on the wall that shows a Skypiean with Automata following him on the left while a Shandorian and Birkan work on the right. After resources on the moon ran out, the three races departed for the "Blue Star". Nefarious pauses. "Blue Star"? Hmm...This is weird. He then continues to read more. One of the three races, the Shandorians, ended up on the isle of Jaya where they built the city of Shandora one thousand years ago. The great city of Shandora collapsed during this war, the Shandorians defended the city against "those who seek the stone". The city collapsed, but the Shandia, who are the descendants of the Shandorians, kept on defending the city for over eight hundred years afterwards. All three races are noted to have wings on their backs (though each has a slightly different shape) and may have even once been the same race. The connection between the sky island of Skypiea and the Void Century is the poneglyph left there for the Shandia and the Shandorians before them to protect. The Ancient Kingdom was a great and powerful kingdom that was destroyed by the Twenty Kingdoms, who would later evolve into the World Government. The kingdom was so powerful that its existence posed a great threat to the world, and is the reason why studying the poneglyphs is outlawed. Joy Boy arrived at Fishman Island and built Noah. He attempted to raise the Noah with Poseidon's aid, but he failed to keep his promise. He wrote his apology on the Ryugu Poneglyph. During the Void Century, the Dwarves of the Tontatta Kingdom suffered oppression under the ruthless rulers of the island of Dressrosa, the Donquixote Family. He then reads something titled, Birth of the World Government. 800 years ago, at the end of the Void Century, the World Government was born and took political control of the entire world, uniting all countries and forming the Council of Kings. For the World Government, the events of the Void Century were better left unknown as information linked to it is considered far too dangerous. When the research of the ponegylphs was outlawed, hundreds of scholars across the world were killed. Since then, a ban on any research related to the void century has been put in place. How the World Government was founded is known. However, how they managed to cover up 100 missing years, and how the World Government came to be what it is now, remains a secret. Poneglyphs are mysterious stone blocks with history inscribed onto them, and these blocks are scattered all over the Grand Line. The Government has forbidden anyone to research or study these blocks. They have been said to be unbreakable by Professor Clover. Nefarious then read something titled as, Ancient Weapons. The three Ancient Weapons are three weapons of mass destruction that are powerful enough to bring ruin to the entire world. They are known as Pluton, an ancient ship capable of massive destruction, Poseidon, a Mermaid with the ability to communicate with and control Sea Kings, and Uranus, the properties of which remain unknown. The Ancient Weapons are the argument used by the World Government to forbid the research of the missing years. He then stands and proceeds back to check on Pandora. He stops at the Humandrills that has fall and sees that it is dead. He then grabs his knife and cuts away at the monkey till he has forty pounds of meat. He then bags it up and continues walking. Hours later, he arrives to his boat and Pandora. She jumps up as if to show joy, for Nefarious has returned. Nefarious then rubs her head and gets in the cabin of his boat. He the sees a chunk of fish that he must have over looked and throws it to Pandora. He then goes to sleep.

Sc: 88
    Nefarious
    Nefarious

This is Day 4 Empty This is Day 6

Post by Nefarious Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:38 pm

I've heard of this thing called, Coating. I will need to learn how to do this if I'm going to get past the Marines, if I'm going to get to the New World. He then grabs a chunk of Humandrill meat and gives it to Pandora. I will be right back, Pandora. He then starts walking towards the jungle. Hours later he arrives back at the Castle. Now, I wonder if I can find anything on Coating. He looks around the library for what seems like hours. Oh, here is something. He picks up a book that is titled, Coating. He then begins reading. Coating is a process in which a ship is coated with special resin from the Yarukiman Mangroves, enabling it to survive the crushing depths of the ocean, such as at the bottom of the Red Line. Coating has so far been seen performed at the Sabaody Archipelago, where the Yarukiman Mangroves reside and Fishman Island, where the roots of the Yarukiman Mangroves, and the Light tree Eve, can be found, and there is an as of yet unseen location on the New World side of the Red Line that allows for coating, which so far Whitebeard and Lola's crews have made use of offscreen. It is done to allow ships to bypass the Red Line, which is otherwise impossible to cross, through Fishman Island. Not even the most astute submarines are capable of such a dive, since Fishman Island rests on the sea floor. Private vessels can bypass this and do not need to be coated because they can get clearance from the World Government to pass over the Red Line. A coating surrounds a ship in a bubble-like membrane which renders the ship less buoyant than the water around it, causing it to sink. Coating is a very delicate procedure and must be done carefully, as any error in its application could compromise the bubble during the trip, causing the ship to be crushed by the pressure if it is deep enough. A coating mechanic is a person who coats a ship with the special resin that allows it to submerge. It is an expensive job and can take several days to complete. It is unknown how one goes about coating a ship, though Silvers Rayleigh was shown carrying several tools presumably related to the procedure, including oversized paint brushes. Notably, Den is also a coating mechanic. He currently resides in Fishman Island. On Fishman Island the use of the resin is taken one step further, and the ones who do this are called Bubble Craftsmen. They are responsible for the over water highways, and possibly for other unique structures involving the Yarukiman resin. Once a ship is coated, it loses the ability to stay afloat. Until the ship is ready to depart, an air-filled 'floating bag' is used to keep it on the surface. Once the ship is ready to leave, a valve connecting the bag to the resin bubble is opened, transferring the air into the bubble, causing it to cover the ship completely in order to provide breathable air for the crew. The completed 'bubble roof' also serves to protect the entire ship from the extreme water pressure beneath the sea. The bubble is permeable, just like the bubbles of the Saboady Archipelago, and will retain its integrity if objects pass through it, even underwater. This includes people and even cannonballs if necessary. However, if punctured in too many places at once, the bubble will pop. The bubble is to pop when the ship reaches the surface once more, though this may have been done intentionally by the crew. Assuming the bubble pops as a result of surfacing, this would suggest that coating only lasts as long as the ship remains beneath the surface. Once the floating bag is removed, the ship starts to sink. However it does not mean it will sink straight down. The ship is to be navigated by using the underwater Sea Currents as it would use the wind on the ocean surface. Another way to do so is by using a sea creature to pull the ship. This is (relatively, depending on the crews skill) much simpler as all that needs to be done is to capture a Sea Monster, tame it, and then put a leash on it which is attached to the ship. The sea monster is then used to steer and propel the ship into the depths. It has been said that the mark of a "pro undersea traveller" is to have a beast pulling the ship like that. The main fault with this technique is actually trying to conquer and tame a sea monster that is large and strong enough to pull the ship. However, once it is done, it is smooth sailing ahead, unless the sea monster in question is spooked. He stops reading at this point. I could use Pandora for this. She just needs to grow a bit more, which shouldn't be a problem since it'll take several days to coat a ship. In fact it might only take a day since I have a boat that is much smaller then a ship. He then continues to read. Due to the bubble coating's nature, the ship can fire cannons to defend itself from sea monsters without compromising the barrier. However, the bubble's strength is not absolute. It can be compromised if the ship is bitten by a large animal (such as a Sea King), hitting rocks or a trench that cause the ship or mast to hit the bubble, or if sliced by a sword. According to a sheet of instructions left by Rayleigh to Nami, 70% of all ships that headed for Fishman Island sank before reaching their destination. Since coating a ship means it will automatically start sinking, if a coated ship is to ascend, extremely bouyant material is needed to do so, such as Kuuigosu wood chips must be let out gradually, while still attached to the ship. However if a weight were attached to the ship outside of the bubble, this can cause the ship to sink down again. Otherwise the principle of navigating a coated ship while ascending is the same as when descending. Nefarious finishes reading and goes out to find the supplies to start the Coating. Several hours later, like eight hours, he returns with the supplies. Now that I have the supplies for Coating and the information for doing so, I should get started. He then starts the Coating process.

Sc: 58
    Nefarious
    Nefarious

This is Day 4 Empty This is Day 7

Post by Nefarious Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Nefarious had stayed up all night and just finishes the Coating process. Yay!! I have finally finished coating my boat. Oh, I am so tiered now. He then passes out. Roughly six hours later, he awakes. Okay, that's enough sleep, I got to find my way to Zeo Teach. He then looks at Pandora and starts talking to her. Are you ready to pull me to the New World? Oh, wow, I think you might be just big enough. You look like your about ten feet now. Do you want some more Humandrill meat? Pandora then jumps up as if to say, yes. He then gives her a chuck and then cooks a few chunks for himself. Mmm...this is good. He then gives Pandora another chunk. Eat up girl, we got a long ways to go. He then opens the valves, so that the boat would sink. Alright girl, it's time for you to pull. Oh, I also need you to steer through the under water currents. As they travel, Nefarious watches the fish swim by. Look girl. I would have never guessed that there was this many fish under the sea. As a school of fish swims by, Pandora snatches a couple. Then she snaps at a small sea turtle. She then eats it with just a few bites. An hour goes by and Nefarious is felling hungry again. Oh, I'm so hungry. He then cooks up some Humandrill meat and eats. An hour later he goes to sleep.

Sc: 29
    Left thread

Sponsored content

This is Day 4 Empty Re: This is Day 4

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:07 am